Carmel Camp,1922
Carmel Camp,1922

This is an oblong, closed building, with walls and roof of metal. Across the front is a piazza. Within there are bunks to sleep 6 people, and other furnishings, including a good stove, table, bench, and some utensils. There are no blankets. The camp stands in a gassy opening partly gown up to raspberry bushes. A branch path to the left as you enter the opening leads to a good spring. The distance from New Boston to the camp is about a mile and a half and the rise in altitude is about 650 feet. [O’Kane 1926]

Built in 1921 on the ruins of the former camp. [GB 4th Edition 1922] This camp is now (spring 1947) in a collapsed unusable condition but will be rebuilt by the club as soon as materials and labor can be obtained. [GB 13th Edition 1947] Post War on the Long Trail. The blazes will need pointing on almost the whole LT. Many signs must be replaced where the old ones have been removed. Three camps; Carmel, Cooley Glen, and Hazen’s Notch are down; a number of others are so old and dilapidated that they will require extensive repairs or replacement soon. [LT News, May 1945]