LT Mile 165.3 — Division 9 — Elev. 2520 ft.
Near the present shelter are the remains of the old Shelter built in 1920, with bunks for 4, by Professor Monroe. [GB 24th Edition 1996] Called Cowles’ Cove Lodge in the 5th Edition of GB. On the farther bank is Cowles Cove Lodge, a shelter of Swiss type with a lower bunk that is capable of sleeping three or possibly four, and an upper bunk large enough for two. It has a good stove and a few utensils. In front of it is a small porch. [O’Kane 1926]