LT. Mile 21.5 — Division 2 — Elev. 3600 ft.
It is 13 feet square, made entirely of copper alloy steel. Inside are four bunks, with room for 6 others, a stove, table, and cooking utensils. Within 100 yards is a spring. From one side is a fine view of Searsburg and also the bodies of water at Whitingham and Somerset dams. From the other side the cabin are overlooks of Pownal and Greylock Mountain to the South. The men who did the work were John N. Leonard, A.J. Holden Jr, and Dr. L. H. Ross of Bennington, Prof. Carl S. Hoar of Williams College, and John B. Clark of the Williamstown High School. W.W. Holbrook, fire warden at Glastenbury, also assisted. [LT News. Aug. 1929]
This camp, a closed, all-weather, steel cabin with stove and bunks for 7, built by the Bennington Section in 1929. It commands a fine view, and excellent water can be found 20 yards to the east. [GB 10th Edition 1935]