Mile 12.9 — Division 8 — Elev. 3250 ft.
This shelter is 0.3 mile down the Barton Trail. It was built in 1933 by the LT Patrol and is of log construction with bunks for 8. The water source for the lodge is an unreliable spring located to the west of the LT near the junction before descending the Barton Trail. A second intermittent water source is a brook that may be found by following the contour beyond the outhouse. Wood fires are prohibited at the lodge. There are excellent views to the east. It has been in use from 1933 to present: [GB 24th Edition 1996] Rotten logs were replaced, and a new floor was put in. Lumber was backpacked via the Barton Trail as the lift wasn’t running. The camp is in good condition, and it should be good for another 32 years. [LT News, Nov. 1965]