LT Mile 149.9 — Division 8 — Elev. 3430 ft.
Professor Monroe and a group of workers built a shelter at Glen Ellen in 1918.
Built in 1919, though officially abandoned and not maintained, it has stood up very well and still offers some shelter. It was located 0.2 mile up the Barton Trail from the present-day lodge. [17th Edition GB 1963]
This shelter was built in 1919 and is provided with comfortable bunks, a stove, and a table. Back of it, a path leads in a few yards to a spring which is reliable except in extreme drought. In front of the shelter is a little rock walled garden of native plants. [O’Kane, 1926]