LT Mile73.5 — Elev. 1650 ft.
The Killington section has built an open camp in Mt Tabor with a rustic fireplace in front, at what is called the “old job”, where the village of Griffith once stood. [GM News, Dec. 1924] This camp was located near the present day USFS Road 10 a bit east of the present-day LT crossing. It was near the deserted village of Griffith where many buildings occupied a large clearing. The Club shelter was where the lumber road crossed Roaring Branch. [O’Kane. 1926] The new camp is located in the deserted town of Griffith. It is an open camp with stove, fireplace, and bunks to accommodate 24 persons. [Supplement to GB 6th Edition July 1927].
Old Job Shelter (3rd shelter at this location.) was built by the CCC in 1935 and replaced this camp.