Mile 16.4 — Division AT2 — Elev. 1420 ft.
It accommodates 8 and was built in 1918 by the Dartmouth College Outing Club. A brook runs by the cabin. This shelter is prone to vandalism and nocturnal visits by uninvited carousers. [GB 24th Edition 1996]
Happy Hill Cabin, (locked), the southernmost cabin of the DOC cabin chain, is reached at 15.2 m. This enclosed structure shelters six men and is equipped with a wood stove and cooking utensils. The water source (which may go dry during summer months) is a small brook 50 ft. to the west. In case of failure, the spring mentioned in the description of the DOC William Tucker Trail may be used. The original cabin on this site was built in 1918 through the efforts of Dartmouth Professors C. D. Adams and L. Griggs and was given in the memory of former President William J. Tucker by Rev. John E. Johnson, class of 1866. The present cabin was renovated in 1930 and remodeled in 1943 and again in 1955. [Dartmouth Outing Club Trail Guide; 1968]
This cabin was removed in 1998. A new shelter will replace it a 1/2 mile to the southwest.