Mile 5.1 — Division 12 — Elev. 1500 ft.
Second shelter in the Notch Area. Fred Tucker Shelter was the 1st.
This cabin was built in 1948 by the LT Patrol. There are bunks for 8. A tent platform is on the right a short distance from the camp. Water is available at Wade Brook 50 ft. south. This camp was constructed by Roy Buchanan’s LT Patrol. Buchanan camps have a uniform design and have become a classic symbol of “old Vermont camps” and that period on the trail. He borrowed the design from logging camps of the time. They were easy to construct, used the interior space efficiently, and some wood trap windows could be opened out and used as a table. It has been in use from 1948 to 1997 when it was dismantled and moved one mile north. on the LT. [GB 24th Edition 1996 & LTN Winter 1997]