Haunted House Camp, 1931
Haunted House Camp, 1931

Spelled “Haunted” in some sources, this camp was located near Barrows Camp about 1/4 mile north of the Johnson-Waterville Upper Road. It was not a Club shelter, but use was granted to the Club. [O’Kane, 1926]

An old camp fitted up with bunks. [GB 6th Edition 1924]

Aug. ’29 in very poor condition. Noted by LT hiker, E.P. Dickinson, [GB 7th Edition 1928]

It was abandoned in 1931. [GB 9th Edition 1932]

Detail from O'Kane's 1926 map showing location of Haunted House Camp
Detail from O’Kane’s 1926 map showing location of Haunted House Camp