Mile 8.0 — Division 9 — Elev. 2670 ft

This lodge is a log cabin with bunks for 10. It was built in 1948 by the LT Patrol for the New York Section. There is a brook 80 ft east. During the hiking season a GMC caretaker is in residence to assist hikers and maintain the site and nearby trails. A fee is charged for overnight use. Wood fires are prohibited. [GB 24th Edition 1996] This camp was relocated in 1948, 1/4 mile south of the site of the old shelter, on the Trail to Huntington Center. [GB 14th Edition 1951] The new camp was built in a different and much more sightly location. Construction was begun in June by the LT Patrol and a group of workers from the New York Section. This group included Gene and Hannah Moore, John Williams, Charles T. Pomeroy, Ernest Anderson, Bob Johnson, and John Thompson. The walls of the camp are of logs, and the old camp furnished almost boards enough for the floor, roof, and bunks. It has a good stove, bunks for eight, and is completely enclosed. [LT News, May 1940]

Montclair Glen Lodge, 1971
Montclair Glen Lodge, 1971

Montclair Glen Lodge, 2016
Montclair Glen Lodge, 2016