Mountain Meadows Lodge
Mountain Meadows Lodge

In 1965, Kent Brook was dammed to create Kent Pond. It was then stocked with the trout and bass that still flourish today. And it was opened for fishing. It was at this time, that the farm’s owner, Merle Schoenfeld (who had bought the 75 acres remaining of the original farm from a man called George Orech in 1959) decided to turn his venerable New England farmhouse into a small lodge. He called it Mountain Meadows Lodge and it was soon doing so well that he had begun work on converting what remained of the original New England Barn into what is now the main lodge. [History, Mountain Meadows Lodge]

This is a popular stop for AT thru hikers. There are showers and many more amenities than are found along the trail. One can also work for food.

[Paul Woodward]