The Proctor Section has cleared and painted its part of the Trail, including the side trails and the short trails around Deer’s Leap. The new log cabin at Noyes Pond is ready. It is intended to supplement the old camp. [LT News July 1933]
This camp located 300 ft back from Noyes Pond, is of frame construction with bunks for about 8. Spring water is just in front of the camp. It was built in 1932 and is privately owned and maintained by agreement it is open to hikers, except during the deer hunting season in November when it is occupied by its owners or locked. [GB 17th Edition 1963]
Both the private cabin and the GMC Shelter were in use for a period of time prior to 1951.