Mile 19 1 — Division 5 — Elev. 3400 ft

This camp replaced Pico Camp (1st)

This camp was completed on August 12, 1959. It is a 12 x 14′ frame cabin with bunks for 8 to 12. Much appreciation is extended to the Massachusetts D.A R for funds toward the construction. The stove has been removed. [LT News, February 1977]

Built by the Long Trail Patrol in 1959, it is a framed cabin with bunk space for 12. It offers good views of Killington Peak directly south and Mt. Ascutney to the southeast. A small spring is located 100 ft north on the LT. A GMC caretaker may be present to protect the high-elevation ecosystem around Pico Peak. An overnight fee may be charged. It has been in use from 1959 to present. [GB 24th Edition 1996]

Pico Camp
Pico Camp