Continuing north along the ridge the Trail then crops rapidly in the midst of beautiful cliffs and arrives at Theron Dean Lodge, built in 1924, a shelter of Swiss type with bunks for four. Splendid views of mountains to the north but water supply fails in dry weather. [O’Kane, 1926]
This shelter can be used in an emergency [GB 14th Edition 1951]
The 17th Edition of the GB describes this shelter as abandoned in 1963.