LT Mile 209 5 — Division 10 — Elev. 3055 ft

An open shelter owned by the Club and provided with bunks for 8 persons [O’Kane 1926]

It was located on the south slope of Whiteface Mountain probably near where the present shelter is located. Fred Mould almost certainly played a role in building this shelter noted in The History of the Sterling Section Built by F. W. Mould, of Morrisville, with some help from the Club. [The Green Mountain News, Dec 1922]

This shelter was built in 1922 Water at the spring 50 ft west on LT south. From the shelter, Madonna’s Cone is visible above the Beaver Meadow basin The Nose of Mansfield is seen above Chilcoot Pass [GB 50th Anniversary Edition 1960 (16th)] This shelter was replaced because it was in unrepairable condition It was used for 36 years [LT News, Feb 1959]

Whiteface Lodge
Whiteface Lodge